Diploma of Aviation – CPLH – AVI50322
Helitec delivers a Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter) (AVI50322) on a full-time basis and students receive quality training under the expert guidance of Helitec’s experienced Flight Instructors.
The Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter) enables students to kick-start their career as a commercial pilot in the aviation industry. It is a full-time course, delivered five-days a week over a period of 28 weeks.
Training is undertaken at Helitec’s training base located at the Sunshine Coast Airport. The Sunshine Coast Airport provides valuable flying experience in controlled airspace, with many uncontrolled airports just a short distance away. The Sunshine Coast also offers an idyllic training location, with excellent surfing beaches, sunny warm weather and a wide variety of accommodation available.
This qualification provides all the theoretical and practical skills and knowledge required for students to gain their Commercial Pilot’s Licence (Helicopter), in compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and national operating standards. The training addresses the competency standards in the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASRs) Part 61 Manual of Standards.
A Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter) delivers 29 units of competency in addition to 105 hours of aeronautical experience.
Upon successful completion you will receive:
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
- Low Level Rating
- AVI50322 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter)
Please read Helitec’s Student Handbook
Hours of operation:
Normal training days are Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) from 7.30 am to 4 pm; however, this may vary due to weather or other factors.
The course cost includes theory training, 100 hours of flight training, flight briefings, exam fees (first sitting) and a flight test.
What helicopter will students be trained in?
You will begin your training in the Robinson R22 and progress to an R44 or B206 endorsements.
Students must meet the mandatory entry requirements for enrolment in the Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter). Prospective students are required to:
· have an Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
· produce evidence of a current Aviation Class 1 Medical
· be in possession of, or in the process of applying for a current Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) for flight crew
· be eligible to obtain English Language Proficiency to meet the minimum requirements set by CASA
· be a minimum of 18 years of age prior to the completion of the course to enrol in the qualification
· obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) before enrolling in the course.
· have completed Year 12 or hold an AQF qualification equivalent to a Certificate IV.
* a device suitable for accessing online exam-prep material (Laptop,iPad,etc.).
2024 Course Cost:
$90,497 this includes 7 CASA subjects, the Diploma subjects, CPLH licence & Low Level Rating.
VET Student Loan is an Australian Government loan program that helps eligible VET students pay their tuition fees. Applicants may also choose to be self-funded. The course is based on CASA competency legislation and may involve further costs if the applicant does not meet the competency outlined in the CASA Manual of Standards.